When initiating a ShapeShift exchange you will be asked to input a destination address. This should be the address that you want to receive your exchanged funds to. For example, if you are exchanging Bitcoin for Litecoin, you will want to provide a Litecoin address under your control for ShapeShift to deposit Litecoin to upon completion of the exchange process. Providing an address that is not under your control will result in loss of funds as ShapeShift is not able to retrieve any funds once they have left our system.
Articles in this section
- How to exchange coins on ShapeShift
- The difference in Quick vs. Precise Exchanges
- How does your service work without registration? Why are there no accounts on ShapeShift?
- Is there a way for me to get higher deposit limits for my transaction?
- Can I reuse deposit addresses?
- Quick vs. Precise Exchanges
- Can I buy cryptocurrency with USD at ShapeShift?
- Can I use fiat currency (USD, Euros, Pesos, etc) to purchase cryptocurrencies on ShapeShift?
- How quickly do you use coins that are deposited? If I exchange BTCs for LTCs, and then exchange LTCs back to BTCs, will I get the same BTCs back?
- How do I know the price at which my order will be filled at?