When initiating a ShapeShift exchange you will be asked to input a destination address. This should be the address that you want to receive your exchanged funds to. For example, if you are exchanging Bitcoin for Litecoin, you will want to provide a Litecoin address under your control for ShapeShift to deposit Litecoin to upon completion of the exchange process. Providing an address that is not under your control will result in loss of funds as ShapeShift is not able to retrieve any funds once they have left our system.
Articles in this section
- Bitcoin Hard fork 8/1/17 Important Information
- Support wait times?
- My order is "awaiting exchange" - what's happening?
- What is a replay attack?
- Sent funds to the wrong address. Can I recover my funds?
- Why did ShapeShift say the exchange completed, but my funds are not in my wallet?
- What is an auto-refund?
- What do I input into the refund address field?
- What do I input into the destination address field?
- What is the Deposit Address?