When initiating a ShapeShift exchange you will be asked to input a refund address. This should be an address controlled by you where we will refund your deposit in the event of a failed transaction. For example, if you are attempting to exchange Bitcoin for Litecoin, the refund address should be a Bitcoin address from your wallet. If you have not provided a refund address and experience a failed transaction, please reach out to the support team so that we may assist you in locating and returning your funds.
Articles in this section
- Bitcoin Hard fork 8/1/17 Important Information
- Support wait times?
- My order is "awaiting exchange" - what's happening?
- What is a replay attack?
- Sent funds to the wrong address. Can I recover my funds?
- Why did ShapeShift say the exchange completed, but my funds are not in my wallet?
- What is an auto-refund?
- What do I input into the refund address field?
- What do I input into the destination address field?
- What is the Deposit Address?