Our price has no "slippage." This means your entire order processes for the fixed exchange rate shown on the site. This is different than a normal order book exchange, where the "last price" may be one thing, but the actual price you get will be different, since your order will be executed against several other orders with different prices. This makes it harder to calculate the true price on a normal exchange, and means that people typically end up with a worse rate then they thought. We resolve this by having a fixed rate for the whole order (no slippage).
Articles in this section
- How to exchange coins on ShapeShift
- The difference in Quick vs. Precise Exchanges
- How does your service work without registration? Why are there no accounts on ShapeShift?
- Is there a way for me to get higher deposit limits for my transaction?
- Can I reuse deposit addresses?
- Quick vs. Precise Exchanges
- Can I buy cryptocurrency with USD at ShapeShift?
- Can I use fiat currency (USD, Euros, Pesos, etc) to purchase cryptocurrencies on ShapeShift?
- How quickly do you use coins that are deposited? If I exchange BTCs for LTCs, and then exchange LTCs back to BTCs, will I get the same BTCs back?
- How do I know the price at which my order will be filled at?