If you have used ShapeShift.io recently, you may have noticed that we now offer Live Chat support! We are paving the way for an awesome customer support experience in the crypto industry, but there are a few things you will want to consider when you start a Live Chat with us.
What We Can Help With via Live Chat
We want you to have a great experience with our support team. When you open a chat with a member of our customer support team, you may be asked for a few pieces of information, including:
- Your ShapeShift Order ID.
- The Deposit Address that you sent to here at ShapeShift.
- The TXID (Transaction ID) of your deposit to ShapeShift.
Additional information may be required, as every case is unique.
Open up a chat with us if you want to:
- Use our system. If you have questions about exchanging your digital assets, we are here to help.
- Ask general crypto questions. While we cannot give you investment advice, we are happy to answer your generic crypto questions and send you some resources to start. We recommend you visit our Crypto 101 section for additional help.
- Troubleshoot failed exchanges. First and foremost, our support team is here to help you retrieve any digital assets that do not successfully exchange.
- Make recommendations for new coins. If you have a coin you would like to see added to ShapeShift, our support team will send you the form you need to fill out.
- Just say hi! Love ShapeShift? Tell us in Live Chat! We would love to hear your feedback.
What We Can Help With via Tickets
Consider opening a ticket or reaching out to the necessary party if you need to ask about any of the following issues:
- Problems with your wallet. If your wallet has an issue, please reach out to them directly. While we are happy to help troubleshoot wallet errors, there are some issues that your provider will need to help with. Check out our Wallets section for help with some common issues!
- Processing exchanges. If your exchange is still processing, please open a ticket.
- Failed Simplex orders. If you have bought bitcoins via Simplex and you need assistance, you will want to reach out to them. Our service is not related to Simplex.
- Unrelated questions or statements. If your question or statement is not about ShapeShift, the crypto-to-crypto exchange, we cannot troubleshoot for you via Live Chat. We will, however, do our best to help if you submit a ticket!
- Affiliate requests. If you would like to be an affiliate, please open a support ticket. While we can open a ticket with someone from our Business Development team, we will not be able to provide live assistance.
How to Receive the Best Support
Our Live Chat experience is meant to be quick and easy. Here are a few pointers to receive the best Live Chat support.
- Have the necessary information ready. If we need to locate a failed exchange, we will need the Order ID, TXID, and ShapeShift deposit address. In some scenarios, we may need specific or additional information.
- Be prepared to wait for your return. We cannot issue returns instantaneously via Live Chat, as another team must review them before the return is made. While we are able to queue the return, please be prepared to wait for the digital assets to reach your wallet.
- Make your question clear and concise. Please be sure to ask your questions in the most straightforward fashion. This will help us help you.
- Speak in the language that you are most comfortable with. Our live translation feature will make it easy for us to speak with you, no matter what language you speak. Please use the language that comes to you most naturally.
- Do not use abusive language towards the crypto specialist that is assisting you. We understand that it can be frustrating when you need to locate your digital assets, and we promise we will always do our best. Please be patient with your crypto specialist as they work to help you.
Thanks for Chatting!
We are so happy that you want to use our Live Chat feature. We hope you have a fantastic experience.