If your KeepKey isn't connecting to ShapeShift, there are a few steps you can take. First, assure that you are not running a VPN or antivirus program. Next, please try these steps in order.
- Close all programs that detect the KeepKey, except ShapeShift. If you have the KeepKey Updater App open, close it. Refresh and click "Connect Wallet" again once you've done this.
- If the first step didn't work, try upgrading your Firmware via the Updater App. The Updater App will tell you what Firmware version and Bootloader version you are on. You should be on Firmware 6.4.0 and Bootloader 1.1.0 or later. You can download the most recent versions of the Updater App here:
- Go to "Settings" and then find the section that says "Linked Wallet" and select the dropdown arrow. Next, you will want to select "Forget". After that, you can reconnect your wallet.
- If the above steps haven't worked, it may be a simpler fix. Restart your computer, try a different USB port, and try a new micro-USB cable.
- Our final troubleshooting step is to clear your cache and history. Here is how to do this:
- In the Chrome browser, click "History" in the top left side of the screen.
- Click "Show Full History".
- On the left side, you will see a button to click called "Clear Browsing Data".
- Click "Clear Data" and your history/cache will be cleared.
If you are still having trouble, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. Thank you!