FIO is now enabled on the ShapeShift Mobile App! FIO makes sending and receiving payments easier than ever. Follow the steps below to get started.
How Do I Get A FIO Address?
1. From your Dashboard, navigate to the Show/Hide Assets list and make sure FIO is toggled on.
2. Head back to your Dashboard by clicking the back arrow at the top left of the screen. You will notice FIO is now in your list of assets (you may have to scroll to see it).
3. Click the settings icon at the top right of the Dashboard page.
4. Below your email address in the settings page, click "FIO Name".
5. A description of FIO will appear. Click "Get FIO Name".
6. An external link will open in your mobile device's browser. Enter the name you'd like your FIO address to be. Click "Check Availability".
7. If the name you selected is available, you will see a screen that says "awaiting blockchain finality". You can now close the page and return to the ShapeShift Mobile App.
8. Upon opening the ShapeShift app again you will notice a "Pending" status. Click "Check Status".
9. Click "Confirm"
10. Congrats! You have successfully registered your FIO Name!
If you have questions regarding any of the information in this article, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.