Forgot your PIN? Wiping your KeepKey allows you to set up a new one! Just be sure to have your 12 word recovery sentence before wiping the device as you will need this to restore the funds on your wallet.
Wiping the KeepKey will set your device back to factory settings. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. Have access to your 12 word recovery sentence. If you wipe the device and do not have your recovery sentence, the funds will be permanently lost.
2. Download and open the KeepKey Updater App: https://beta.shapeshift.com/updater-download#
note: If you already have the app downloaded you will need to uninstall and reinstall.
3. While the app is open, hold down the button on your KeepKey and plug it in.
4. You will see this screen:
5. Click "Forgot Pin?"
6. Your device screen should now read "WIPE DEVICE - Do you want to erase your private keys and settings?"
7. When you're ready, hold down the button on your KeepKey to wipe the device.
You can also wipe the device from https://beta.shapeshift.com/settings.
You will need to have your KeepKey connected in order to do it this way meaning you will need to know your PIN.
Any questions? Contact our customer support team here.