Making trades with your KeepKey has never been easier! ShapeShift has integrated with 0x and THORChain to offer DEX trading to all of our KeepKey users.
Which coin pairs are supported?
- Swap BTC, ETH, LTC, SUSHI, and USDT via our THORChain integration
- Swap ETH and 1,000+ ERC-20 tokens via our DEX integration
- All without added commissions or having to supply personal information
Please follow the steps below to complete a successful trade/swap.
1. Connect your KeepKey to the ShapeShift Platform. Need help getting connected? Follow the guide here. Once connected, you will see a green dot next to the name of your KeepKey which indicates the device is successfully connected.
2. Select "Trade" from the sidebar.
3. Select the coin pair you wish to swap. You can select "MIN" for the minimum amount allowed to be traded, "HALF" for half the amount, and "MAX" for the maximum amount. You can also manually type in the amount you'd like to trade.
4. From this trade window you are able to view and adjust the slippage percentage. Since market prices are constantly changing, your trade rate is likely to fluctuate. ShapeShift allows you to set the maximum amount of slippage for any trade you initiate. Click the 3 lines located at the top right hand corner of your trade window.
5. You can also see which DEX will be used for your trade. Click the info symbol.
More info on which DEXes ShapeShift uses for your trade(s) can be found here.
6. Ready to start the trade? Click "Preview Trade".
7. If your trade is quantitatively on the smaller side, you may see a warning message letting you know that the miner fee is X% of your total trade value.
8. To initiate the trade, click "Confirm And Trade". You will need to confirm the trade on your KeepKey by holding down the button on the actual device. After a few moments your trade will complete.
9. If for some reason your trade happens to fail, the funds will be automatically returned to your wallet. What Happens If My Trade Doesn't Complete?
10. You can view your trade history here.
If you have any questions, please contact customer support here.