Listen up ShapeShift customers! The FOX benefits just keep on coming! Any customers who have traded* with ShapeShift in the past may be eligible for FOX tokens. You have 90 days to claim your FOX from the airdrop.**
*Only ETH/ERC20 trades are eligible for the aIrdrop.
**Claiming FOX will require you to use ETH to pay the gas fee since FOX is an ERC20 token.
All addresses have 90 days from July 14, 2021 to claim their Airdropped FOX Tokens. After that, the amount claimable will decrease 10% from the original amount each day for 10 days, and any unclaimed tokens after that period will be returned to the ShapeShift DAO, further increasing the DAO treasury.
Note: If you are a user trying to claim 100 FOX from last year's promotion, that promotion has ended, the FOX have expired and can no longer be claimed. The only FOX available to claim at this time is the airdropped FOX discussed in the article above and any FOX you have earned through FOX back, FOX Fuel, or FOX Farming.
In this article we will walk you through how to check if you are eligible and how to claim your FOX on:
How to find out if you’re eligible for airdropped FOX on beta.shapeshift.com:
- Click “Check Eligibility” in the sidebar. You’ll see this appear in the left-hand side of your platform screen.
- If you already have a wallet connected, we will automatically check this wallet for eligibility. If no wallet is connected or the wallet you used is not supported by our Platform, that’s ok. You can paste any ETH address in the designated field. (You can also do both if you have used wallets on the platform and external wallets with ShapeShift Classic.)
3. If the wallet/address is not eligible you can always try checking other wallets/addresses.
4. If you are eligible you will see a screen that shows the amount of FOX being rewarded as well as steps on how to claim the FOX.
5. Finally, you will need to you will need to pay the gas fee by confirming the transaction on your wallet (remember, these fees are paid to the ETH network, not ShapeShift). If you do not have ETH to pay for the gas you’ll need to fund your wallet by sending ETH from another wallet to your wallet or buying ETH directly from Banxa to fund your wallet.
6. If the claim was successful, you should see a screen like this:
Congratulations on successfully acquiring your airdropped FOX Tokens!
What to do with your new FOX balance? ...Earn more FOX, of course! Take advantage of the incredible APR %s we are offering with the launch of this airdrop.
How to find out if you’re eligible for airdropped FOX on the ShapeShift Mobile App:
1. Click “FOX Airdrop” from your dashboard.
2. On the claim page, select the ETH address from your native wallet or paste an ETH address. Click “Check Eligibility”.
3. If you are eligible, you will be taken to the “Claim” page. Make sure you have enough ETH in your wallet to pay the gas fees associated with claiming the FOX and click “Claim Your FOX”. If you do not have sufficient ETH to pay for the gas fee you’ll need to fund your wallet by sending ETH from another wallet to your mobile app or buying ETH directly from the app through our third-party partner Banxa.
4. Once your claim has been initiated you will see a message similar to the one below. You can view on-chain to see the transaction confirming on the network in real time.
How to find out if you’re eligible for airdropped FOX on the ShapeShift external page:
- Visit fox.shapeshift.com/airdrop
- You will see 2 options- “Connect Wallet” or “Paste an ETH address”.
- If you choose “Connect Wallet” you will be presented with a list of wallets to connect.
- Connect any wallets you control that have an ETH address that you want to check for eligibility in the FOX airdrop.
- Now select “Check Eligibility”.
- Once you have checked the eligibility of all your connectable wallets feel free to check any other ETH addresses that you control in the “Paste an ETH address” text box.
- If you are eligible, you will be taken to a Claim panel. Make sure you have enough ETH in your wallet to claim the FOX and click “Claim Your FOX”.
8. Once your claim has been initiated you will see a message like the one below. You can view on-chain to see the transaction confirming on the network in real time.
If you have issues paying for the gas fees, please refer to these two articles for additional assistance:
If you are not eligible, feel free to try another ETH address. Not all addresses are eligible for this airdrop. Please see our disclaimer here.