If your wallet says "KeepKey Has Error" in the top right-hand corner, then your KeepKey is not connected. You will need to connect your device in order to make trades.
To reconnect your KeepKey, follow these directions:
- Click on the down arrow where the first two letters of your email are.
- You will see a drop-down menu appear and then you will want to click the magnifying glass labeled "Pair KeepKey".
- Once you click "Pair KeepKey", you will see a pop-up on your screen at the top left. Click on the device that is found and then click "Connect" at the bottom right of the pop-up.
- Your KeepKey will connect and it will show "KeepKey Connected" instead of "KeepKey Has Error" at the top right of the screen.
If your device is still not connected, you will want to disconnect the hardware from the cord and then plug it in again. Once you do that, you will follow the steps above.
If the issue persists, then your KeepKey’s firmware may be out of date. You will need to update your firmware using the beta client which can be found here.
Once you have updated the firmware, you will need to completely close out of either the KeepKey client or the KeepKey Updater. For information on how to upgrade your firmware with the beta KeepKey client, please see this article.
If you prefer, you can also use the platform KeepKey Updater:
You will need to update your firmware on EITHER the beta client or the KeepKey Updater.
Once you have completed those steps, you can now return to https://beta.shapeshift.com and reconnect your KeepKey with the USB. Then, you will follow the steps at the beginning of the article to Pair your KeepKey to the platform:
- Sign into https://beta.shapeshift.com
- Connect your KeepKey to your computer.
- Click the down arrow next to the two letters at the top right of the screen.
- Click Pair KeepKey.
- Click the Device.
- Click Connect.
- Your KeepKey is now Paired.
- You will now see that it says the "KeepKey Connected" at the top right.
If it still is showing "KeepKey has Error", please try to re-pair the device and unplug it/replug it in a few times. If the issue still persists, contact Support.