The following steps are an example of how to execute a trade via DEX. At this time, DEX trading consists only of ETH and ERC20 tokens.
1. Select the trade button located in the lower center of the ShapeShift App.
2. Select "Trade" from the menu.
3. Select the desired trading pair.
4. Enter the amount you'd like to trade and click "Next".
5. Before confirming the trade you will see some details including the miner fee and order route. ShapeShift uses 0x (DEX aggregator) and THORChain (DEX) to help find the best rate
5a. Clicking the "i" next to Order Route will show you which DEX is being used for your trade as well as the option to select the slippage percentage. Click "Done" to return to the confirmation page.
6. When you are ready to confirm the order details and start your trade click "Confirm and Trade".
7. In a few moments, your trade will complete.
8. That's it! Click "Done" to return to your Dashboard.
The screenshots used are from the ShapeShift Mobile App on an Android device. If you have any questions about any of the steps listed above please contact our customer support team here.